Current open positions at Philly Improv Theater are listed below, with specific application directions. Have general questions about working at PHIT? Please contact us using the theater’s main email address.
Philly Improv Theater Job Openings
FRONT OF HOUSE (FOH) ASSOCIATES (Part-time, Hourly)
Since its opening in 2005, Philly Improv Theater (PHIT) has been the heart of Philadelphia’s nationally recognized comedy scene. Prior to the pandemic, PHIT was producing performances year-round in Center City, ranging from fully improvised comedies, to brand-new sketch shows, and whatever else we came up with. In addition, the PHIT Training Center was dedicated to developing talent locally, offering adult comedy classes in improv, sketch writing, stand-up performance, and acting. We are excited to re-open for shows and classes in the fall of 2022.
At this time, PHIT is seeking Front of House Associates to manage the day-to-day front of house operations for PHIT shows and student showcases.
Front of House Associates report directly to the Director of Operations. FOH Associates are scheduled for each performance night and are responsible for the overall front of house success during the run of each PHIT show. FOH Associates will work together as a rotating team, managing the box office, tech booth, or backstage area depending on their assignment.
Position Type: Part-time, Hourly
Expected Time Commitment: 10 to 15 hours per week (evening/weekends) with daytime hours potentially available if desired.
- Responsible for overall management and smooth operation of the theater and lobby spaces during performances.
- Ensures a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for patrons and staff.
- Processes ticket orders and manages will call and wait lists.
- Performs vaccine card checks at the door. PHIT is a fully vaccinated workplace and all applicants must have at least their two initial vaccine shots (or single shot if given the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) to be considered for hire.
- Handles any patron customer service issues that arise, including on-site box office refunds and exchanges.
- Handles and reconciles cash from box office sales at the end of each shift.
- Executes basic tech booth operation and controls (no technical experience required)
- Light cleaning and organizing of PHIT lobby, stage, and greenroom spaces.
- Requires evening and weekend availability.
- Minimum one year customer service experience required.
- Prior experience collaborating with a team required.
- Proven ability to remain calm in hectic and stressful situations.
- Experience with ticketing software a plus.
- Interest and enthusiasm for improv, theatre, or the arts is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- (1) complimentary eight-week class at PHIT per session (available starting 30 days after hire date)
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “FOH ASSOCIATE APPLICATION”
Philly Improv Theater’s goal is to embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. As an equal opportunity employer we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills of the community we serve at all job levels.