The Submission Deadline Has Been Extended To Thursday, October 10th!
Philly Improv Theater is excited to announce that we are now seeking writers to assemble a team of sketch comedians for the specific purpose of putting together a Holiday sketch show! We are also very excited to announce that this project will be helmed by Marcely Jean-Pierre of American Express, fresh off a run of their FRINGE hit Real America.
If you are interested in acting in addition to writing, you will have the opportunity to note that on your submission form. Note this is a call for writers at this time, not actors.
The dates for this as yet untitled Holiday Sketch show are as follows:
Thursday, December 20th at 9:00 p.m.
Friday, December 21st at 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 22nd at 3:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
Writer’s meeting will happen weekly from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Sundays in October and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Sundays in November. This project is unpaid, but will be part of the theater’s payment policy which allows for payments. This information will be shared with those selected.
To be considered for a writer position on the project you must complete the below form and submit your writing packet (online or in person). Your writing packet must adhere to the following guidelines:
- It must not include your name or any other identifying information.
- Your submission packet must be no more than 7 pages.
- The first page of the packet should contain 10 sketch pitches (1-2 sentence descriptions of sketch ideas) in the holiday theme of the show.
- After your page of sketch pitches you can include up to 2 sketches (6 pages maximum) that demonstrate your best sketch comedy writing. Full sketches do not need to fit the theme of the show.
- Your submission packet must be a single file, saved in .PDF or .DOCX format. Click here for a free online PDF file merge. If you are unable to upload your file for any reason, please fill out this form and then make arrangements to drop off a hard copy of your writing packet by sending a message with “Holiday Packet Hard Copy in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your entire submission (including digital or hard-copy of your sketch packet) must be received electronically or in person no later than 11:59 p.m. on October 4th.
Once your packet is submitted you can expect to hear back within two weeks if you’re accepted for the project. Thank you so much for your interested in joining this project and we hope to see a submission from you!