Philly Improv Theater is excited to announce that we are now seeking writers to assemble a team of sketch comedians for the specific purpose of putting together a Valentine’s Day sketch show! We are also very excited to announce that this project will be helmed by Emily Kinslow of The Decoy and famed driver of the Wonder Bus!
If you are interested in acting in addition to writing, you will have the opportunity to note that on your submission form. Note this is a call for writers, not actors. If you are interested in auditioning as an actor, click here.
The dates for this as yet untitled Valentine’s Day Sketch show are as follows:
Thursday, Feburary 14th at 9:00 p.m.
Friday, Feburary 15th at 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, Feburary 16th at 3:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
Writer’s meeting will happen weekly from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m on Saturdays. This project is unpaid, but will be part of the theater’s payment policy which allows for payments. This information will be shared with those selected.
To be considered for a writer position on the project you must complete the below form and submit your writing packet (online or in person). Your writing packet must adhere to the following guidelines:
- It must not include your name or any other identifying information.
- Your submission packet must be no more than 7 pages.
- The first page of the packet should contain 5 sketch pitches (1-2 sentence descriptions of sketch ideas) in the Valentine’s Day theme of the show. These do not need to be specifically about love or relationships — think outside the box!
- After your page of sketch pitches you can include up to 2 sketches (6 pages maximum) that demonstrate your best sketch comedy writing. Full sketches do not need to fit the theme of the show.
- Your submission packet must be a single file, saved in .PDF or .DOCX format. Click here for a free online PDF file merge. If you are unable to upload your file for any reason, please fill out this form and then make arrangements to drop off a hard copy of your writing packet by sending a message with “Valentine’s Day Packet Hard Copy in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your entire submission (including digital or hard-copy of your sketch packet) must be received electronically or in person no later than 11:59 p.m. on December 19th.
Once your packet is submitted you can expect to hear back within two weeks if you’re accepted for the project. Thank you so much for your interested in joining this project and we hope to see a submission from you!