PHIT is excited to announce that we’ll be taking writer submissions to assemble a team of sketch comedians to construct a politcal-themed sketch show just in time for the midterm elections! The project will be headed by Nate Biagiotti (PHIT Sketch House Team Fezziwig), who will work with a team of writers to put together a full-length show about all things politic.
The expected start date for weekly meetings is early August, and we’re asking writers be able to commit at least 2 hours a week to attend weekly writers meetings on Saturday afternoons from 2pm to 4pm, with additional time for rehearsal as the show dates approach.
Thursday, November 1st @ 9:00 p.m.
Friday, November 2nd @ 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 3rd @ 9:00 p.m.
To be considered for a writer position on this project you must complete the below form and submit your writing packet. Your writing packet must adhere to the following guidelines:
- It must not include your name or any other identifying information.
- Your submission packet must be no more than 7 pages.
- The first page of the packet should contain 10 sketch pitches fitting the the political theme of the show (1-2 sentence descriptions of sketch ideas).
- After your page of sketch pitches you can include up to 2 sketches (6 pages maximum) that demonstrate your best sketch comedy writing.
- Your submission packet must be a single file, saved in .PDF or .DOCX format. Click here for a free online PDF file merge. If you are unable to upload your file for any reason, please fill out this form and then make arrangements to drop off a hard copy of your writing packet by sending a message with “Election Packet Hard Copy in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your entire submission (including digital or hard-copy of your sketch packet) must be received electronically or in person no later than 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15th, 2018.