Philly Improv Theater (PHIT) is now accepting pitches for our productions in the 2020 Philly Fringe Festival! PHIT is proud to be returning to the festival and is excited to work with members of the theater community with new comedic show ideas. Read through the below and submit your pitch. If you have any questions send an email to Channing Billups at Fringe@PhillyImprovTheater.com.
PHIT’s experience in successfully producing shows at the Philly Fringe stretches back over a decade and includes 50+ productions, including: sketch comedy shows, live podcast recordings, sketch comedy, storytelling showcases, full-fledged variety shows (complete with dancers and a live band), original musicals, and multiple transfers from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. We’re excited to hear what you’d like to do and see if we can help!
Use this form to submit your idea for a 2020 Fringe Arts Festival show to be performed at Philly Improv Theater and we will consider your pitch for possible inclusion in our slate of shows this September. You will be asked to provide information about yourself and your collaborators; your pitch, your needs for cast, crew, and production; ideas you have for marketing of your show; and any other artistic support you feel it will require. The deadline for submissions to partner with PHIT on your Fringe show is Monday, March 23rd at 11:59 p.m.
All pitches will be reviewed by PHIT’s Artistic team and administrative staff and receive a response. If your pitch is selected for inclusion in PHIT’s programming for the 2020 Philly Fringe Festival, you will receive:
- A run of performances on one of PHIT’s two stages during the dates of the festival.
- Help developing a budget for your festival show, with PHIT covering all budgeted festival show costs.
- Assistance in casting your festival show, if needed.
- Rehearsal space to prepare for your festival show.
- Marketing and public relations assistance for your festival show.
- Box office, house management, and backstage support for your festival show.
- Archival video and photo recording of performances of your festival show.
- Compensation for your show based on its commercial success.
We expect many more great pitches than we will be able to produce. If your pitch is not accepted as part of our Fringe run, you can always submit it to the theater through this form to potentially be produced another time of the year. If you read through everything and decide that you don’t want to partner with PHIT, but still want to rent space to produce your show here at the theater you can use this form. If you choose not to do any of those things, we hope to see you in the audience at an upcoming show!