- Attend a volunteer orientation training and review the Volunteer Handbook.
- Complete Philly Improv Theater’s Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Training.
- Have access to email. All communication with volunteers is handled via email.
- Be able to stand for extended periods, climb stairs, carry up to 30 pounds.
- Have a “Can-Do” attitude, along with patience, dependability, commitment, friendliness, and a deep care for PHIT and our community.
Types of Volunteers
You will be assigned each of the two positions on a rotating schedule so that you become a well-rounded volunteer!
As an usher, you make sure that everyone who comes into the theater has a ticket and help the House Manager make sure the house is tidy and running smoothly.
As a box office volunteer, you are the first person our patrons see when they come to the theater. This is where your customer services skills will shine. Be sure to be courteous, helpful, and above all else, kill ‘em with kindness!
There are several benefits to serving as a volunteer at Philly Improv Theater, including:
- Credits towards free classes, free practice groups, and free tickets to shows.
- Occasional free admission to shows you are ushering.
- A chance to get to know others in our community and make new acquaintances and friends!
PHIT depends on volunteers like you to help serve the patrons who pass through our doors 7 nights a week. Our volunteers are trained to ensure our patrons feel welcome, comfortable, and safe during their visit. If you are interested in joining us, please complete the application below. Any questions? Email email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!